Tis the season to be jolly
But how can I be when I have nobody
The yuletide carol doesn’t make it better
Knowing that we wont be together
A silent night, I know its gonna be
Joy to the world but its gonna be sad for me
What do the lonely do at Christmas?
Oh, what do the lonely do at Christmas time?
Yep it’s a sad song indeed. But you know what? Who cares lol. I’ll tell you what the lonely do.
1. Surround themselves with friends and family. You’re not lonely in a house full of people. Trust me.
2. Laugh. Sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying and I guarantee you’ll feel better.
3. Dress up. Growing up we always had a Christmas outfit. Put that outfit on and get out the house!
4. Travel. I love to travel, so this year I’m Atlanta bound for the holidays. A change of scenery is always good for the spirits.
5. Eat. Don’t laugh but when you eat some of that good home cooked comfort food, you’ll forget all about Mr. Right. (at least for a while lol)
I haven’t been in a relationship on Christmas in five years. Damn. Did I say that out loud? 😉
I’m not too sad this year…a little melancholy but nothing a good dose of friends and family can’t fix. Being single is not a death sentence, its a lifestyle choice because you’re aware of what you deserve. And besides there is nothing wrong with dating. You get more gifts that way. 😉
Merry Christmas XOXOX Kiss